Notice: All of Ralaine's writings are copyrighted. Permission is needed for use.

Monday, March 28, 2016

Pearls and Pigeons




In the late 70's the most basic necessity started to disappear off the walls of our public bathrooms. It was a change that I didn't welcome. It caused an awkward, red faced situation.

One Sunday while visiting the Fashion Faire mall, I sat under an overhang where pigeons loved to gather. Suddenly I felt liquid warmth oozing down my arm. I grabbed my purse to look for a tissue, a napkin...something to remove the mess and my embarrassment. Nothing. There was nothing. I barked an order to my younger brother, "Run down stairs to the restroom and bring me a paper towel."

He dashed off. I moved to hide myself from the shopper's view. Finally, my help appeared, but his hands returned empty. Out of breath he informed me, "There are only hand driers."

Has the unexpected dropped into your life  and you found your purse empty; compounded by the loss of things you once relied on became scarce.?

I have.

What I hoped would be a short, quick fix turned into learning how to live while waiting for an answer.

A journey began. What worked in the past didn't seem to work. The lessons I've learned are my pearls. They are now strung and ready to share. I invite you to follow my blog as I share how I learned to obtain peace after the pigeons left their mark.

Let the journey begin,
Ralaine

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on launching your blog, Ralaine. I like the looks of your writing chair. I have one not a lot different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on kicking off your blog! You are three steps ahead as usual. You have a God given ability to touch others. I enjoy keeping up with your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear more about your pearls...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by


Followers