Notice: All of Ralaine's writings are copyrighted. Permission is needed for use.

Monday, April 4, 2016

A Divided Heart

A bit of startling news came my way. I can't remember what I heard. However, the impression that remained left me unsettled, more than the news itself. I wondered: What's wrong with me? I should have a strong emotional reaction. Instead I feel indifferent.

I took my concern before the Father, in prayer. These words drifted through my mind in a matter-of-fact style, "It's because you have a divided heart."


I inquired what this meant. And, how did it apply to my problem?  

"You want to move into the future, but, every time you work on your manuscript you are pulled back to the past, where you reacquaint yourself with the pain, as a way to communicate to the reader the sorrow that filled your soul."

I nodded, squeezed my eyes tight and waited for the remedy to come.

"This is not emotionally healthy. It is not good to be living in the past. I will give you grace to finish the book. The response to the things that normally stir you will return."

I whispered, "Thank you."

The witty artist, Mary Engelbreit once penned, "There is no future in looking back."

Are you looking back? Are you unable to live fully alive in the present?

Arouse your courage, grab some understanding and embrace the wisdom from Heaven to help place your eyes on a bright future. It won't be easy, I know. But, it will be worth it to sing songs of thankfulness as a living testimony of Father's faithfulness.

See you next week. I'm finishing up chapter 22 today.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by


Followers