Notice: All of Ralaine's writings are copyrighted. Permission is needed for use.

Friday, August 19, 2016

Faithfulness: The Humble Still Voice

         
I spent most of summer 2016 in Montana. Over eight weeks I completed eight chapters to my manuscript. These chapters proved to be the most difficult, as my heart slipped back in time. I relived jury selection, the trial, James on the witness stand, the guilty verdict, confused jurors, a judge who pushed a life without parole sentence, my son being sent to a maximum security prison and our family's first trip to visit him behind the razor wired fences. I would've liked to report that I blitzed right through, grace abounded and not a single tear dropped. But that's not the way it transpired.
            Ten years ago when I lived through the events listed above in real time, I expected Yahweh to do miraculous works. I waited for His mighty deeds to turn the hardest unbelieving heart into a Believer. Plus, I anticipated Him to rescue my son from the clutches of life in prison. But, they didn't happen.
            While writing about James going to prison, the memory freshly taunted with raw emotion. I wanted my hurt to bear some fruit. So I said,
            "Father, this is so painful. What should I pay attention to as I write this portion of my story?"
            A quick thought flashed through my mind. "Look for My Faithfulness." Its resonance sounded like Him.   
            At first I doubted I'd find any, but I chose to watch with eyes of hope. As I typed each paragraph I waited to see faithfulness appear. Unlike Elijah's encounter in 1 Kings 19:11-13, Yah didn't come like a great wind that sent pieces of rock flying everywhere. He didn't move with a strong shaking earthquake. Neither did He send fire to display His kingdom power. Like Elijah's experience, Father's faithfulness appeared in the still small voice as subtle whispers.
            Yahweh's actions of faithfulness reminded me that I didn't walk alone or without peace in my heart during that time. Faithfulness seemed a steady constant that appeared rather humble. I would have missed His endearing activity had I chosen not to look.
            At times Yah's works are obvious for all to see. However, this time I found Him in the still small voice. Will you find Him faithful even in the darkest of times? With eyes of hope, He'll show you His handy work.   
                                                                                    
 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice. And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah? 1Kings 19:11-13

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Ralaine, this was so inspiring for me as to what I am going through right now. Looking for Father and his still, soft voice will bring me to a place of peace even when the world would say "distress, worry, and uncertainty." Thank you friend, hugs and love, Karon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by


Followers