Notice: All of Ralaine's writings are copyrighted. Permission is needed for use.

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Lifting Babes With Faith

            It didn't seem too early to grow faith in my two and a half year old grandson, Ezekiel. Above the prayers of blessing over his meals and nightly prayers with his dada and momma, Ezekiel had things that concern him.
            This week he brought me a little plastic forklift and whimpered with pouting lips. I understood that the Matchbox truck went missing over three months ago and he wanted to unite them.
            "Ezekiel, Yahweh loves you and cares about the things you care about." I sat to pull him onto my lap. "Let's pray that your truck will be found."
            I asked Yah, who knows all things, to help us find the lost truck.  I had no idea where it went, but, I stood Ezekiel up and simply paraphrased a quote from the book of Matthew. I patted his diaper as he walked away and declared, "The things that are hidden will come to light."
            Three hours later while playing in the backyard my grandson discovered his lost truck. All summer he played in that area but never saw the missing Matchbox. He ran into the house clutching the truck and waving his pudgy fist. He wanted to snap on the forklift. The truck now complete, prompted giggles from my little boy.
            Then came the need to teach him about thanksgiving and praise for knowing we have a Father who cares.
            I have no doubt that each time Ezekiel plays with his fully loaded truck; he'll remember the day Yahweh cared. I placed a precept in this child's heart...Father brought the increase. Yes, my little guy knows to ask and wait on Him. Yah cares for the things that concern all of us. Won't you stop to seek His help?   
           
              “So have no fear of them, for nothing is covered that will not be revealed, 
         or hidden that will not be known." Matthew 10:26 NKJV


2 comments:

  1. So good! One time I heard my grandson asking Jesus to help him find an army man. Later, I heard him say, "Praise the Lord!" he had found it! So special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe the Ray family starts them early. What a legacy you and Shelby started.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by


Followers